Thursday, May 12, 2011

the Hidden treassue is in me


      The ocean, the endless sky,
the quarry and the gems are in me.

            Open your eyes, look carefully :

Both worlds are in me.

The spirit and the body,
            the proof and the evidence,

both profit and loss –

the whole marketplace is in me.

I am the purpose of mankind,
            the whirling movement of the earth;

I am the school and the knowledge –

            the seal of completion is in me.

I am the Muslim.  I am the Christian.
            I am the place they both consider holy.

I am the crucified savior, the good and the evil –

            Whatever is – is in me.

I am the Infinite, the Eternal;
            I am the wealthy and the poor;

I am the rememberer and what is remembered –

Faith and faithlessness are in me.
I am the idol that is worshipped,
            The Kaaba and the sacred relic –

the purpose of human beings
            and all that comes with them

            is in me.

I am the light particle and the sun itself,
            the hidden and the seen;

I am everything existing under its rays –

            Lover and Beloved are in me.

I am Kaygusuz Abdal, the soul in everyone.

            I am the infinite and the eternal.

The hidden treasure is in me.


Kaygusuz Abdal (14th – 15th C)  

No comments:

Post a Comment