Saturday, April 9, 2011

Creating a Balance : a rare Skill

You must have seen those little deprived kids who often show adventurous games for entertainment on the road in order to fill up their stomachs. Among those games , one most common is balancing on a Rope tied to two wooden poles. Watching it with wonder , we find the Act of Balancing is most difficult among all acts. It requires great skills. Sometimes I feel a 'skill' is what all you all need to live a happy life.

Lets talk straight now. I feel compelled to talk about FB fever. It almost sounds maddening and frightening to see how many people are addicted to it. And how many people have swore to leave it and even when they have left , they have come back (like myself). Its shameful. Have we lost control over ourselves?

But why need control? FB , like net surfing is not something Bad. We don't need to say Good-bye to FB , every time we feel we have excessed our limits and become addicted. I suppose , best way to deal with it is to create Balance between your Duties , Personal Life and other Interests. 




Since the day , I have known Internet I am in love with it. Its an amazing discovery. I call often it 'my second life'. It has Google , Stumble Upon , Wikipedia , Facebook , Online Newspapers , E books and so on and so forth. I don't know how I would have passed my exams without the help of internet. But come on , what is this crap , whenever I log in to Facebook , I forget all the other things Net can provide me. I forget all my other interests. So what I do now a days is - Two days I sit on FB , other five days I plan to discover new things on net. For instance , yesterday I searched about Hebrides Island and I got to know about the music festival it organizes. Today morning I read a beautiful mythical story about lovehttp://reclaimingthedarkgoddess.blogspot.com/2011/04/anemoneswind-flower.html#comment-form

Creativity and Curiosity are the roots of our life. Don't let them die of want of nutrients which they need. Create Balance in your life , give time to your interests (and if you dont know what interests you , take an online aptitude test , this might help you). FB is not bad , nothing is bad in fact if you take it , use it in proper amount. So I hope from now even if you are planning , you wont say - Good Bye to FB , rather say - See You after Sometime. :)

Keep Smiling !!
Keep Exploring !!

No comments:

Post a Comment